THE AGE PARTICIPATION CUT OFF DATE IS JULY 1ST. THIS IS TACKLE FOOTBALL AND THERE IS A MINUMUM PLAY RULE SO EVERY PARTICIPANT PLAYS EVERY GAME! THERE ARE NO TRY OUTS; WE ARE ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS!
FALL 2012 FOOTBALL DIVISIONS & WEIGHTS
Starts: Ages 6, 7 and 8 year olds.
Any player 91 pounds and over will be designated as an X Man.
Rookies: Ages 8, 9, 10, and 11 year olds.
Any player 116 pounds and over will be designated as an X Man.
O/L Rule: 11 year olds will not weigh more than 80 pounds.
Junior Varsity: Ages 11, 12, and 13 year olds. Any player 145 pounds and over will be designated as an X Man. O/L Rule: 13 years old will not weigh more than 105 pounds.
Varsity: Ages 12,13, 14, Any player 185 pounds and over will be designated as an X MAN
ALL 8TH GRADE STUDENTS WEIGHING OVER 105 POUNDS MUST PLAY VARSITY!
· X-Men must be identified by a large X on the back of the helmet. The X must be a fluorescent color that does not match the color scheme of the team, so that it stands out. All X-Men must meet on the field with the officials and head coaches 5 minutes prior to the start of the game to be recognized and identified.
· The X-Man must play as a defensive or offensive lineman. They must line up on the LOS (Line of Scrimmage), head up or between the tackles. All X-Men on defense must line up – tackle to tackle.
· X-men cannot be on kick off or kick return teams. If the kicking team cannot field kick off because they do not have enough non-X-men players, then the receiving team will get the ball on their own 40 yard line. If the receiving team cannot field kick off because they do not have enough non-X-men players, then the receiving team will get the ball on their own 20 yard line. Punts are not included on this, because the X-men can still line up on the LOS and between the tackles.
· The X-Man cannot advance the ball. Should the X-Man gain possession of the ball, the play will be immediately blown dead. For example, the Running Back fumbles the ball, the RT Guard is an X-Man and he falls on the ball. The Offense regains possession; the ball is spotted at the spot where the X-man gains possession.
Important dates to remember:
- Football Camp – June 30 (Irvington Park)
- First day of practice – (Wahington High school) July 9th
- Distribution of Football Equipment – July 16
- Registration balance due – August 1
- Jamboree – August 4th
- First Game – August 11
- Pig Skin Tournament in Vegas – November 20th - 25th
- League Banquet – December 15